Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF

It's finally Friday, not that means anything in my non working world. It does mean that TJ will be home all weekend, but not really, considering he works on Saturday morning, then right after work he is helping our friends move a swingset. So I won't see him until about 1, then we are having dinner with other friends at 3. We are excited to have dinner with them though, it is nice to talk to people who understand us, and TJ and Matt always have a good time. They both work so hard and it's nice to get them together.

Excuse me if I am scattered today. I have so many silly thoughts in my head. It's weird, the things you think about when you have no other adults to talk to. My first complaint is: How do you just fall out of love with your spouse? I don't understand that statement. My sister and I were talking about a few people we know, and we just don't understand it. My only thought is, they just didn't love in the first place. They may have thought they did, but there is no way you just one day fall out of love with the person you claimed you loved enough to commit your life to them. When I said "I do" it was forever, I just don't beleive in divorce. If that is what works for you fine, but not me. Granted, I have not been put in a situation, but I don't think there is anything that can't be worked out, with time and patience. That is one thing TJ and I agreed on before we even got engaged, Hence the 6 year wait. We waited to be sure it was right, and because we were so young, but in my opinion our age didn't matter. I couldn't imagine after being with TJ for so long, up and leaving, and starting over. Oh my, dating.... I never dated before. I have been with TJ since I was 16, I wouldn't know what to do on a date. Someone very close to me is kinda going through something now. She and her boyfriend just can't seem to agree on their future. They have been together for at least 8 years, and she just doesn't know what to do. They truly love each other, and you can see it! They just can't agree on certain things, that are important to one, but not the other. I hope they can work it out. I love both of them and would not want to lose him in our lives.I think they will, either way, I support any decision she should make.

Told ya... scattered. I just can't beleive how much money plays a part in life. I know everyone probably has this same issue. There is just never enough money. I want, want, want, but can't. It sucks. We have never really had an issue before. We have done pretty well for ourselves. Of course this is my first summer not working, and collecting. Well if you think it is great, IT'S NOT! Yeah, it's great being home with my babies, but I am bored. It's great not being on a stuffy bus in 100 degree weather, but I miss it. I am only making a third of my normal income, and it sucks. We have always been a two income family, and after 6 years of living together, I am not contributing my share. Mentally it is hard because I feel like I am not providing like I should be or have been. Emotionally it is hard because I feel so bad that TJ has to work his tushy off for us, while I am sitting at home. Financially, wow, it is a shocker. We are both counting down the days till I go back. Sept 2, can't come quick enough. It will all work out, it's just a matter of when?

One last gripe, the Tour de Christiana is on Sunday, and it pretty much shuts the town down. Of course, guess who live right in the middle of the race! Pick me!!!! We can't park at our house, if we want to leave town, we have to leave at 10am, and not anticipate returning until 6ish. If we don't want to leave we have to watch the race, which isn't bad, but the sound of the bikes wizzing by our house it bad. It's a really loud "Swish" with a lot of snapping and talking. Of course our windows are about 5 feet from the race, and we can hear it all day with or without the windows open. Of course the amount of people who come from near and far to watch or participate is incredible. Our little town fills up fast. I think Emily would enjoy it, and I know TJ likes it, it is just bothersome on a sunday afternoon. We won't be able to get our cars and park at our home until 7ish.

Well I better get off, I can't seem to make these things only a paragraph. Thank goodness, I spent 8 years at my last job mastering my typing skills. Emily is playing and Colin is sleeping. It's nice to vent and not have to waste someone else's time doing so!

No comments: