Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My First Blog!

Well.... after much consideration, I decided to follow a friend and make a blog. I figured with being home full-time with two kids, this would be my one way to let out a little steam or just say whats on my mind, and beleive me, I have a lot to say!

Well, Emily and Colin are great. They are both growing so fast, it is almost depressing. My baby girl is already 2 1/2 years old. I can't beleive it. She hasn't been to the doc lately, but I am certain she is about 30 lbs. She is so, so, so beautiful. She has curls most women pay to have, and a tan just the same. I am jealous of her skin, she has the most perfect complexion and coloring. She has quite the attitude, just like her momma. She is starting to look more and more like me, not much, but enough that I notice. Colin Michael, well he is a different child all together. He is such a little man. I can honestly say, I didn't think I could love a second child as much as I love Emily, but I do, and it is totally different. He is a momma's boy, which I don't really mind, considering Emily is a daddy's girl. He hardly cries, unless something is wrong. He whines a little when he is hungry and fusses a bit when he needs a diaper change. Other than that, he is great, he sleeps through the night, from about 9pm to 5am, which is the schedule I want him on for when we go back to work. He is a little chunker, I call him "Tubby". At his 2 month check he was 12lb 8oz. Which is 5lbs in a month and a half. He is just a beautiful as his sister, with his skin complexion and tone. I know I sound like a typical mom, but my babies are just perfect.

TJ and I are great! We are better now than we probably ever have been. Marriage is wonderful, of course we have our spats, but we try to keep them simple. We just passed our 10 year anniversary of being together and are coming up on 4 years married. I can't beleive it, 10 years. I am only 26 years old, so you do the math. We have been together for almost half my life. He is truly my soul mate, I don't think anyone else would put up with me. He is so great as daddy too. Colin smiles at him in a way that no one else can make him smile. It makes my heart melt. He is so loving and such a great husband. He supports everything I do, and never second guesses my decision. We have been through some pretty rough situations, and some pretty down times, but somehow we pulled through and made the best of it. I could never imagine my life without him. Sometimes I wonder how people start over after so many years. I could not imagine sharing my intimate moments with someone else, sharing my feelings and thoughts with anyone other then him. He makes me laugh when all I want to do it cry, he makes me smile when I want to be angry, he makes me who I am today, and I am proud to have him as my husband.

I go back to work on Sept. 2, and I can't wait. I have been off work since May 23, and I am soooo ready. Between being bored and not having any money, timing couldn't be better. I still get paid, but it is about 1/3 of my normal pay, but it is hard to make ends meet with that. We have survived our first summer of less pay, and we will survive more summers to come. We will be more prepared for it next time. This summer has been great other than that. We welcomed Colin in May, we went to the mountains for the first time on July 4th, we went back to the mountains on Aug 1st, and now we are getting ready to head to the beach next week. I can't wait. This will be our last hoorah before the summer is over and back to work. Things have been pretty slow other than that. We spend a lot of time with my sister and her kids, and sometimes with my brother and his daughter. We have been to the pool in Quarryville a few time, which is always a lot of fun. We have went to our friends house a few times for dinner, and that is always a good time. They have a little girl the same age as Emily, and a son a little younger. They are now expecting twins in Dec. TJ and him have been friends since high school. TJ was in their wedding. I have become very good friends with her as well. Funny how things change when you get married and have kids. She and I knew each other in high school, but never spoke or hung out. Now that we are married, we have both changed so much, and have much more in common, especially with our kids. It is sometimes nice to know I am not the only women who needs a break sometimes. They have really done a lot for us, especially when we were pregnant with Colin. I am excited to get back to work, so I can afford to do the same for them, especially with two on the way. I am super excited for them, they are such great parents. God blessed her with two more babies because he knew she could handle it, me on the other had, I don't think I could handle it so well. We are actually having dinner with them this weekend. We like going there because we don't have many friends, and it is nice to hang out with people other than my family.

I guess I have made this long enough..... I have had to stop a few times, but my thoughts just keep coming. I think I am going to enjoy this blog. I will post again later.....

No comments: