Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's been awhile!

The last time I posted, we were getting ready to leave for the beach, and now we are ending our vacation, and TJ goes back to work. The beach was fun, we had to jump a couple hurdles to get there, but it was good. We were pulled over by state police on the way down, he let us go on a warning. I forgot a whole suitcase in PA. We just went to Walmart and replaced the necessaties. Saturday and Sunday, I had somekind of infection in my eye. I don't think it was pink eye, but it was really red, it didn't itch though. I know it sounds horrific, but it really was a good trip. We are going to do it again next year. I know we said we weren't but that is the only thing we do all year, and Emily loved it, and I am sure Colin will love it next year. Emily had so much fun, at the beach, on the boards, on the rides and eating ice cream. She had ice cream everyday, which is not the norm for us. She loved it all. We got the old time photos done with all the kids. My mom wanted one of all six grandkids, and we each wanted individuals with our kids. They turned out great. All the kids did great, and the photographer was excellent. He was so awsome with all the kids. We came home on Tuesday, which worked so great for everyone. TJ was still on vacation, although he is working a side job today. We have just enjoyed his time off, and beleive me, I have enjoyed it the most. He has been such a help with the kiddos. He has changed just about all diapers, helped with bath time. It has been so wonderful having him home, I am so sad it is almost over. The kids have been going to bed at 8:30, so we have been snuggling on the sofa till late, watching tv, or just talking. We have been making late-night snacks and just enjoying each other. I am soooo going to miss that when we all go back to work. Yesterday we spent the whole day at Jenn's. We were cutting corn to freeze. That was actually pretty fun. She does it every year, this is the first time I helped. It was pretty easy, once you got the hang of it. Now it will freeze, and we can steal a bag whenever we want. It really was just a good reason to get Emily out of the house to play. On Thursday we stopped by Harrison House to see his great grandmother. God bless her, she is 97 years old, and still acts like shes 70. She was having a really good day, which aren't so often now. TJ was very pleased with the visit, which he usually leaves visits really down. She looks great, she remembered us, and she was up and about. I was so glad TJ saw her like that. I fear the if she should pass soon, he will have a bad vision of her in his head. I think he really needed to see her like that. She got to see both kids, which is my goal, I want Emily to know who she is, and she finally does.

What now..... Well TJ goes back to work on Monday. We go back to work next Tuesday. I can't wait. I got my run, and it is great, all the same kids. I am so excited to see everyone. This week will be pretty uneventful, until the end. I have no plans for Mon-Wed. So I will probably hang out at home or at Jenn's. Oh wait.... Monday we will be getting up really early to see Jacob off to his first day of kindergarten. I am so excited for him, he already met his teacher, and he is so excited. So Monday will be fun, we will also go see him off the bus. So Tues & Wed, are going to be pretty slow. Then on Thursday, I have to go to my bus, put my car seats in, get it ready for the first day of school, check over for any damage (yay, I got a new bus this year) and do a dry run to make sure I know where I am going. Then that afternoon, I have to go to my Elementary School to meet and greet all my students and their families. This will be so great, everyone has been waiting to meet the baby. I don't even think they know his name yet. It will really be nice to actually talk to some of the parents, rather then have to rush off. Then Friday and Sat are again uneventful. Sunday we have a picnic/ baptism picnic to go to for our friends. Well we are not really friends, our husbands are. Their little guy is about 5 weeks younger then Colin, and their older son is about 6 weeks behind Emily. It is really cool. We have gifts for them, and have been trying to set something up, and now we are finally going to see them.

OK I think I have rambled enough. I haven't blogged in a week, and you can tell. I am sure I will have more to say soon!

No comments: