Wednesday, August 27, 2008

5 More Days!

It's been a couple days, but not much has been going on. I have had some really good days with my sister and brother. We went shopping yesterday, the mall, Old Navy, Dick's, PetSmart. We had a blast, except pushing 4 kids around in strollers was fun. Older people just don't have the patience or courtesy to deal with strollers. We were ran into, cut off, cursed at, just because we had strollers. Wow, I didn't realize how rude people can be.

Tomorrow I get to see my bus, drive around, get my stuff situated. I can't wait. I think I got a newer bus this year, which is a big step compared to what I had last year. I am sooooo excited, I can't wait to go back to work. The normalcy, the money, the routine, the busy-ness ( I don't even know if that is a word). I need to get back to normal and make some money. I know I mention money all the time, but when you don't have any, it seems to constantly be on your mind. At least we will be ready for next summer. It certainly was a shock this summer. We will survive and overcome, I know we will. I just have to really get disciplined with money, and I have always had a problem with that.

We are starting to think about buying a house. Next year we will have a lot paid off, it should save us about $900 to $1200 a month in bills. We have a couple mistakes we made a while ago, and now we are paying our dues. We will have half that by March, and the other half by October of next year. We have TJ's 401k that he is now full vested and can take a hardship withdrawal, so we can afford to buy a house. We can afford a mortgage right now, we just can't come up with a down payment or closing costs. If we use his 401k we will have that, plus some to pay off some other stuff. Hopefully we will be looking seriously by spring. I hope so, I need to get out of this apartment, I need a yard, a driveway, I just need a change.

Well, it's that time, gotta get dinner cooking, my hubby will be home any minute. Amazing how much I look forward to seeing him at the end of a work day. I love him so much!

No comments: