Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It is what it is!

Wow, I wish it was Saturday already. We are leaving for the beach then, and I really need that vacation. I miss my husband, and really need to spend time with him. He works so much to support us, and when he is not working he is spending much needed time with the kids. I am not complaining about him spending time with the kids, I just need some Molly and TJ time, without the kids. It just seems once we think they are both sleeping or napping, one wakes up or something else comes up. At the beach it will be strictly family time, and with my extended family there, we can get a small break if we need it. I am excited, yet sad that this will probably be the last year we go to the beach for awhile. It is just too much to get all the family together, with all the kids. It is wayyy toooo expensive, and we would much rather spend 4 or 5 days in the mountains, riding 4 wheeler or just relaxing. Going to the beach is just not relaxing with kids, especially toddlers. The constant worry of someone just picking your child up and rolling is just too much for me. I have a fear of someone taking my kids, and it gets worse at the beach. At the beach Emily has so many restrictions because of the amount of strangers and unknowns. At the mountains, there are no limits, no traffic, no strangers, it is just our family and the wilderness. She can run, run, run with no rules. The beach is just too much, and next year I will have two toddlers running around, NO WAY!

I just went grocery shopping and it disgusts me. The price of everything is sooooo high, it is ridiculous. I have just come to realize, we are and forever will be a $200 biweekly grocery bill. It is ridiculous. Between, diapers, formula, food, hygiene there is just no break. Walmart is not much of a price break, but Dutchway is way too expensive. I must say, Walmart wasn't too bad today. They got new carts, and surprisingly the cart with the extra seats in the front for the little ones was perfect for us. Emily did so well.

I bought a stroller on Ebay! I got it today, and I was so nervous, but it turned out great. We had been shopping for a while for a double stroller, which are so pricey. We finally decided to just borrow a friends when we needed one, until we decided to take a walk around town with Colin in the stroller for the first time (I carried him in a chest carrier, but he is now toooooo big and heavy). So when we put him in the stroller Emily had a tantrum because he was in her stroller. Needless to say, we had to put Emily in the umbrella stroller and Colin in the big stroller, and the TJ had the dog, it was a disaster. We ended up buying a Combi double in Turquoise. It is great, I am so happy with it. We are going for a walk tonight to test it out. I thought it was the bottom line Combi, but when I got the manual for it, I realized it is originally a $250 stroller, I got it for $100. I am so proud of myself, usually I would just buy the pricier one, not caring. Not this time, I did my research and waited for the right thing. I am so glad. I am getting a little better at my impulse shopping.

We went to mom and dad last night for dinner, that was fun as usual. It is usually great when all four kids get together, I think it becomes hectic at times with the spouses and kids. We had an ok time last night. TJ and I had a little tiff, as usual. We just can't seem to get along as well as normal when we are around my family. Last night was my fault and I admit it. I snapped at him about something so stupid, and I treated him not so good. I apologized to him, but I still don't think that was enough. I feel bad, and I hate when that happens. I hope we can have a great week next week while he is on vacation, I know we will. We pulled pollianna's for x-mas, and we are very pleased with who we got, Kelly and Jeff. They are easy to buy for!

Gotta go, Emily is now begging to take a bath, I know it is only 3:30, but she wants one, and I don't feel like arguing with her. It will save me time tonight at bedtime.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yay! You got your stoller!! It's a new found freedom in my opinion! We took the kids for a very short walk tonight and I miss walking every night - in the Spring we'll start up again - but this time with 4!! Stop by the next time you're out walking!