Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just can't keep up!

I try everyday to post to my blog, obviously with no success. My days don't seem to get any easier, nor do they seem to get any longer. I wish there was just a few more hours to get everything done. By the time I get home from work, cook, eat and cleanup dinner, bathe both chitlens, shower myself, get my bag ready for the next morning, it is usually 10pm, and I am like a zombie. The weekends are supposed to be my relax time LOL! I haven't relaxed in a long time. There is always something to do, I can't imagine what life will be like when Emily and Colin get into school programs. Ok now that just made me want to cry.

So, I went to the eye doctor the other day, that was a disaster. I had to take both kids with me, so I couldn't complete the exam, nor could I get fitted for contacts. She told me I need to have corrective lenses on at all times. My right eye is straining a great deal, trying to make up for my left eye. Pretty much, I am blind in my left eye, and my right eye needs help before it goes blind too. Wow, that makes me feel so old. I don't want to wear contacts, but I refuse to wear glasses full-time, so I'm gonna give 'em a try. We'll see. I post next week about that (time willing)!

Well the kids are doing great as ever. Colin is getting so much more active. He talks and makes noises all the time. He love to watch his sister all the time. He will laugh at her in ways that make me jealous. She just dotes on it, and keeps making him laugh. She always wants to hold him, kiss him, and hug him. She has turned into quite the lover. She is very affectionate, always giving kisses. I have to watch her, she will hug and kiss just about everyone. She constantly tells us she loves us. Anyone who has children can respect the feeling you get when your child tells you she loves you. It melts my heart everytime. She reminds me all the time, why I wanted children. I just gave Colin a bath tonight, and he just loves kicking and splashing around. He just smiles and laughs. Emily, on the other hand, would rather take a shower like a big girl, and be done. I love the stage they are both in right now, but I know it won't last. I miss when she was little like Colin, but look forward to when she grows older. It's all so scary and exciting at the same time.

Better go, duty calls, and it's way past bed time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just wanted to let you know I've worn contacts for 10 years now and they're not that bad!! I'm blind in both eyes without corrective lenses, so I feel your pain :-) The only down side to contacts is the price.. but I've found it' worth it!!