Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sleep, or lack there of!

Well, Colin has now decided to protest sleeping at night. I have never had a child that didn't sleep through the night. Emily was the greatest, I have always been able to get 8-12 hours of sleep with her. Colin started the same. From about 5 weeks on, he slept a good 10-12 hours a night. Now in the past month it has been horrible. He only sleeps for like 2 hour increments, and wakes up screaming. I don't understand. I have been chocking it up to teething, but I don't think that is what it is. I am debating on making a doctor appointment, but I don't know if "not sleeping" is really a medical issue. I don't know a lot about it, but I do know "I NEED SLEEP". I am grumpy through the day, and restless all night. It is now to the point that I don't sleep heavy, I just doze in and out because I know he will be up soon! I am going crazy, if it is teething, I hope they come in soon!

Last night my sister went to ER. I am really scared for her, and not sure what is going on. She has been complaining the last couple days of chest pain, and numbness. She has really not been feeling well, so her and her husband decided to go to the hospital last night. They admitted her overnight and are continuing testing. She has a chest scan, and leg scan, to rule out a blood clot and heart attack. They were normal. Today she is having an abdominal scan to rule out her appendix and and ectopic pregnancy. I really scared for her. I couldn't imagine. She has the three boys and her hubby to take care of. I know her hubby is scared out of his mind. I will update more when I know more.

Yesterday, TJ and I sat down and had a really long talk about money. It went much better then I expected. I have made a few mistakes in the past couple months, and me not working in the summer hurt us. Right now, we are not in the best position, not anywhere near where we want to be. I really thought he was going to be very angry with me because I hid it from him, but he was not. He really was understanding. He was disappointed in me just cause I hid it from him, but he wasn't angry at all. I kept waiting for him to explode, but he never did. I now know why we got married, and have made it this far. He is wonderful, and I couldn't ask for better. Now we have to really sit down and figure out how to fix it. I know we will, it will just take a lot of discipline and time.

Tomorrow is my neice, Bella's birthday. She will be one already. I can't beleive it. She is such a beautiful little girl. Spoiled rotten, as all of our kids are. She is definitely a daddy's girl, as my brother is a full-time dad, while his wife works. They are having a party at the Jennersville Y. It is a swimming party, and Emily is soooo excited to go swimming. Emily is a little fish, and I know she is going to have a blast. I am excited to put Colin in the water as well. He has been in the pool before, but the water was just too cold. The pool tomorrow with be indoors and very warm. We'll see.....

I am kinda on call this weekend. Our friends are due to have their twins any day now. He works really far away, and this weekend he is on night shift. I told her to call me, no matter what time, if she needs anything at all. I know sometimes people say things that they don't mean, but I really mean it, and I hope she knows that. I have lots of family local, and she really doesn't. I would love to help them, and maybe be part of this miraculous birth. I am so excited for them. Bringing one baby into this world is a miracle in itself, but to bring two is phenomenal. They are such a great couple, and this was meant to be for them. I can't wait to meet the girls, and tell them how lucky they are to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy. I know this pregnancy has been really hard on her, and I know she is at the end of her rope. I keep telling her this will be over soon enough, but I know that doesn't help her. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope anyone reading my blog will do the same.

My birthday is coming up soon! I am usually excited for it every year, but for some reason this year is different. It almost like it isn't even coming. I don't know, maybe I am just stressed and tired, and don't really care. It is just another day, right? It's not like it is a huge milestone, I will only be 27. Now that I say the, it does sound kinda old. LOL! Oh well, another year, no big deal. Rigth after my birthday come Christmas, oh boy! I am so not ready for that this year. I usually get excited right about now for Christmas, but this year is different, due to money. I know it will all fall into place, and we will be just fine, I just have to get out of this funk I am in. I need to perk up, and get my act together. I think today we will go to K-mart and put all the toys for the kids on lay-away! I know they have a good sale this weekend, and we can put it on lay away, and pay on it weekly. It's much easier to make weekly payment, then to drop a couple hundred buck at one time! Maybe that will get me in the spirit.

I think I will finish this up, I have just about poured my heart out, and now I have to get ready to Christmas shop! I will update again soon!

No comments: