Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another weekend over!

This weekend turned out to be an uneventful, yet fun weekend. On Friday night we really did nothing, just sat around and watched our dvr shows. On Saturday, TJ worked, then we went to the hospital to see our friends who just had twins. (I'll talk more about that in a minute). On Sunday, we went grocery shopping and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. All and all it was a great weekend.

Our friends have been anxiously awaiting their twins, and finally they made an appearance. On Friday she was admitted, and crazy enough the babies were born with two different birthdays. Madeline was born late Friday night, and Leah was born early Saturday morning. They were I think, an hour apart. We went to see them on Saturday. OMG, they are soooo cute, and cuddly. I was really nervous to go see them. I was afraid that if I held another little baby, I would want another one. I know crazy, right? But you know me! Honestly, it did the exact opposite. I don't want to sound rude, but it really made me not want anymore. I think it was more out of concern for them. I know they will do so great, and they are already excellent parents, but they are going to have 4 kids, under the age of 3. I know they can handle it, and they will make it look easy, but I don't think I could handle it. I think I would seriously lock myself up! She is such a strong role model for her daughters, my friend that it. She is one of the strongest, most patient, kind, generous, selfless people I know. She has always been caring and supportive of me, and so generous when it comes to my kids. I know that god dealt her this hand because he knows she can handle it, and handle it well. I hope she reads this, so she knows how much I respect her, not only as my friend, but as a mother to her children, a wife to her husband and an all around wonderful person. She has inspired me, and I am sure she will inspire many more people in her time. I truly do consider her my best friend. I do not have many girl friends, as a matter of fact, other then my sister, I don't really have any. We don't have the kind of friendship that we call each other all the time, or that we hang out every day, but we talk, especially on Myspace. We complain to each other, all the time. It is really the kind of friendship I need, she is there when I need her, but has her own life to worry about.

Ok enough about that. We went out to dinner on Saturday night. that was so much fun. We went to Friendly's with my sisters, their husbands, and the boys. We had a blast. It was nice to go out, have fun, and spend time with my family. Friendly's is so famly oriented, and kid friendly. Emily loved it, and the boys did too. We were celebrating the boys, they got excellent remarks at parent/teacher conferences, so my sister want to do something special for them. I hope they had as much fun as I did. They deserve it.

So my birthday is only a couple days away. I am really starting to thing that birthdays just don't matter anymore. If it is not about my husband and children, I don't really care. I guess maybe I should. I really only get one day a year that is mine, but I live for them, not myself. I keep thinking my husband will forget about it, and I am sure some of my family will forget. That is alright though, they have their own families to worry about. So here I am, happy birthday to me, and that is enough!

No comments: