Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks!

There are so many reasons to be thankful. I find myself looking for reasons to not be thankful, but I am really trying to change that. I am typically a very negative person, but I have been trying to find the positive and use it to my advantage. It seems to be working, and I notice a little change in my attitude. I laid in bed last night, while TJ was snoozing away, and went through so many things that I should be thankful for, and they far out number the reasons not to be thankful.

My children..... the most beautiful, precious, perfect angels anyone could ask for. They are truly a gift, and I am so thankful to have them in my life. They show the most unselfish, devoted love. They smile, even when I don't think there is a reason to smile, and make my heart melt. They can make anyday seem like perfection. Emily is so creative, so happy, so loving. She keeps my going with a smile on my face, just because she is Emily. I always say "who couldn't love her, that is my girl" and truly I don't know anyone who couldn't love her. She is so compassionate, and funny and loving and she absolutely loves her baby "brudder". Colin, he is such a little tubby. He is so happy, even when he is not feeling well. Example, he just got shots yesterday, he cried for like 2 minutes, and then laughed and played the rest of the day. He just smiles, and I get butterflies. He is so much like his daddy, with his eyes and his smile. He is surely a mommas boy, but I am ok with that. Honestly, how couldn't I be thankful for them!

My husband..... I could go on forever about him. We have our moments and we sometimes don't treat each other the way we should, but that who we are! He is my soul mate, and I really don't think I could do this without him. He is the love of my life, and I am so thankful for him. I know I probably don't always show it, nor do I always act it, but I do love him unconditionally, with all my heart.

My family...... I have the best sisters and brother a person could ask for. They are truly my best friends! I also have the most supportive, caring parents. We all have a very open relationship, no secrets and no lies, my parents included. We are all very loyal to each other, and that is very important. My parents have come a long way since we were little, and it is inspiring for TJ and I. I only hope I have a quarter of their love and strength in 32 years. They have been throuhg a lot, and somehow they only got stronger. I know us kids have based our own marriages and relationships on them. We all want so much to be like them.

My job..... I know, it sounds stupid. I am only a bus driver, but I don't see it like that. First and foremost, I have job security. There will always be school, and they will always need transportation. Second, I love my students. My students are the best students, with a few exceptions of course. They are really great kids, and my elementary kids love me just as much as I love them. I am thankful for my job, not only for the money, but because I can still be a full-time mommy. I take my kids with me, and we all love it, including my students!

Good Health...... Lately we have been struggling with my sister, having some medical problems. Everything is fixed now, and she should be better then ever soon! Having gone through this experience with her, I am so thankful we are all healthy now. We all could be better, but we don't have any major problems. I am thankful that Jenn had the problems she did, as they could have been much more serious. I am thankful that we have not had to experience what other have. My Great aunt just lost her 35 year old daughter to cancer. It started as breast cancer, and spread throughout. She had two beautiful baby boys, and so much to live for, but someone above thought it was her time. Now my aunt has to greive the loss of her daughter, and wonder what her son-in-law will do with her grandsons. That is why I am thankful for health!

My mom, as we were growing up, always told us "we are extremely rich, rich in love not money". When I was a kid I never really understood or respected that statement. Now that I am an adult, with my own children, I understand. We are rich in love and not money. I would rather have all the love in the world, then millions of dollars. Money is the root of all evil, and I only want what I need to get by. We struggle a lot with money, we often don't have enough to make ends meet, or we are robbing peter to pay paul, but that is better then greed and selfishness. I think Tj and I are who we are today because of our struggles, and our hard work. We appreciate things more because we have to work harder for them. Life to me is not measured by how much money you make, or what material things you have.... it is measured by your accomplishments, how hard you work, and the things that you love. This is the time of year to look at yourself and your life and find the true meaning of love and family. To me the meaning of love is reinvented everyday, when my children wake up, and I see them grow. To me the meaning of family is in my sisters and brother, their families and my parents. The love and support we have for each other is the meaning of family. I know this somehow became a mushy mess, but I have been thinking about all this, and I needed to vent. I find myself getting depressed and down during the holidays, mostly because of money, but this year I want it to be different. I want this year to be about love and family and friends and life. If you are still reading this, you apparently agree, or at least wanted to listen, so I hope you and yours have a Happy Holiday season, and may you find the blessing in your life and the love I have found!

No comments: