Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's that time of year again!

Wow this year has flown by. I remember last Christmas like it was last week. It has gone so fast, and with Colin making his appearance and Emily growing like a weed, I can't figure out where the time went.

The last couple weeks have been crazy, as usual. We took the kids to a Christmas party, to meet Santa. That didn't go so well. Emily hated him, she screamed and cried and threw a huge fit. She wouldn't go anywhere near him, until he getting ready to leave, and she was talking to him from a distance. When you ask her what she wants from Santa she says "Purple presents, orange presents and kitty cat presents". Let me tell you, it is impossible to find purple and orange Christmas wrapping paper. So I think I am going to the birthday section for that. The kitty cat, well he made his appearance early. Santa made a special delivery for Em, and she is so happy. His name is Oswald, like the octopus cartoon, and we call him "Ozzy". He is a gray and white tiger cat, and he is about 10 weeks now. He is a cuttie, and we are happy to have him, with the exception of the dog. He is coming around, but Spike is not a fan of sharing his bed, his toys or his home. It is getting better. Emily picks Ozzy up and carries him around like he is a dolly, and she looks for him all the time. Of course, he hides very well. I will try to figure out how to post pictures on here soon!

We are just about done shopping for Christmas. We only have my neice Bella left to buy for. We are probably getting her sneakers and an outfit. She already has so many toys, and she is still too little to really understand. I found a pair of Nike shox I want to get her, but they are $50, and I just cringe at spending that on shoes she might wear for a few months. We'll see. After that, we might pick up some little odd and ends for our kids, and some stocking stuffers, but all and all we are done. We are going to try to finish today.

Tonight is a big night. We got a sitter and are going to a Christmas party. It is only a few blocks from our house, and it is free, so why not? It will be nice to be an adult and talk to adults, oh yeah, and have a cocktail. LOL! As long as the kids are in bed by 9, we will have no problem. Colin is like clock-work, at 7:30 he is ready for a bottle and bed. He will fall asleep then, and stay asleep until 7 am. Emily, as long as I don't let her take a nap, she will be in bed by 8:30, and should sleep most of the night. She has started having nightmares, about monsters and stuff. She wakes up screaming and crying. I am sure she will be fine, and we will only be gone a few hours, and we are only 2 minutes away. The couple who are babysitting for us are the best ever. They are so sweet, and I can't wait until they get married. They are perfect for each other, and they are so great with my kids. I would love to save some money and get them a really nice wedding gift, of course I have some time, I don't think the wedding is until 2010.,

I am kind of sad, I have lost a good bit of contact with our friends who just had the twins. Her life is crazy I am sure, and we are all over the place. It has just been really hard to keep up with each other. I wish it could be different, but I am sure after the holidays it will get better. She has her 4 kids and I have my 2, and we both have a lot going on. I think I will try to contact her today to see when is a good time to come see the kids.

I better go, TJ will be home at 12, and I haven't even showered yet. We are supposed to go shopping as soon as he gets home. The kids are still in their jammies, this should be a mad dash to the finish!

No comments: