Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday, Sunday!

This week has been a fun-filled, chaotic week. We had a busy day on Monday taking Colin to the doc, and then the weekend was full of events. Yesterday we had a playdate and dinner with Matt, Lindsay, Grace and Evan. The girls always seem to have a hard time warming up to each other, but by the end of the night it's not tooo bad. They are girls, and of course they want to play with the same things. It was fun, they played with Playdoh, which Emily has never played with. She loved it, and I think we are going to get her some for home. We got to see Lindsay and the growing babies in her belly. She looks great, especially for carrying twins.

Today we went to a party for TJ's real dad's parents. They just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. 50 years, wow! TJ and his real dad don't really have a relationship, and have had a hit or miss couple years. It was really nice to see his dad and his girlfriend, as well as meet all his uncles and cousins. Everyone was so nice and loving, and the love between his grandparents is unreal. They are still sooo in love after all those years. It really did turn out to be great. We were both really hesitant on going, and in the long run, it was a great decision. I am glad we went, and so is TJ.

In the middle of the week I got a call about my second cousin. My cousin, Kimmy, passed away. She is actually my second cousin, and she was only in her early 30's. She was diagnosed with breast cancer about 3 years ago, when her twins were born. She used a lot of medical help to get pregnant. They tried for years using IVF. Finally she got pregnant with twin boys. After having the boys she was having troubles breast feeding. After many doctor appts, they did a mammogram and found the cancer. After several treatments, she finally had a double mastectomy, and a complete hysterectomy (sp?), they also found possible cancer in her uterus and ovaries. After a short battle, they thought she was in remission. Then just a last year, the cancer was back, and just in the past 6 months they found several tumors on her brain stem, all of which were inoperable. She has been completely bed ridden for months, and almost comotose in the past few weeks. On Thursday at 4:15 she passed away. I didn't know her very well, she lived near the city, on the main line. She was happily married with two beautiful baby boys, about 4 years old. I am just devastated, not because I knew her, because she left behind such an incredible life. I know, everyone always says, it's all a plan, but what kind of plan is that. Her boys will never know what a loving, exceptional mother they had. They are too young to remember now. I just don't understand, I guess I never will.

I really hope this week starts and ends on a good note. Of course it is Halloween week, wahoo. We are dressing Emily up as a ballerina. Lindsay's mom makes this cute little tu tu's and I am getting one for Emily. I can't wait!

No comments: