Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tuesday or Wednesday?

We had a holiday on Monday, so no school for the kiddos, but man it really screws me up through the week. I am so confused as to which day it is. Since I have confirmed it is Wednesday, I feel like this week is moving along pretty good.

Today I have an appointment at the Ortho doc for my ankle. I am really nervous about it. I have been in pain for a few weeks now, and I have learned to ignore it and just continue as usual, but now I know there is something seriously wrong with it. I am sooooo scare the doctor is going to take me out of work. To most people this would be great, and man I would love to spend a few lazy days at home, but I don't get paid time off. We are just starting to get back on our feet from buying the house and Christmas, so a few weeks with no check would really set us back. I know if he casts me or even puts me in a boot, my supervisor is going to tell me I can't work, but I have tooooo! I am so worried about it, I am almost making myself sick over it. It's crazy, as much I may complain about my job, I don't want to leave my students for too long. We'll see, I will post about that after my appointment this afternoon (hopefully after work)!

I have been trying to take time to plan Emily and Colin's birthdays. It so crazy to think I have a "4" year old. I can't beleive it already! She is growing right before my eyes and I can't stop it. She amazed me everyday, especially with how loving and affectionate she is. I hope this is not just a stage and she stays loving and affectionate her whole life. I love when she just runs up and gives me a great big hug and kiss, for no reason at all, just cause she loves me. Anyway, that was totally off course. Emily's birthday is on March 2, so I was thinking about having a low key party at the house for her. Of course, with my family nothing is low key, we automatically have 20 people just with my siblings and their families. I really wanted to do something special, I just don't have any ideas. Colin's birthday on the other hand, boy oh boy! His birthday is on May 26, so on Memorial Day Weekend, I think we are going to have a HUGE birthday/housewarming bbq for all our friends and family to celebrate the house and his birthday. We have a huge yard and we want to show off the house, so why not right? Well, I started jotting down a list of who would be invited, and just with both families, not including friends, we are at over 50. That is a lot of people, and if we start inviting friends we are going to be way over that. I really want to do this, since we have never been able to have a big party like this, but then I have to feed and hydrate all these people. Oh well, in the end it will be well worth it. I have alot more thinking and planning to do, but I think we are just gonna do it.

That's it for now. Gotta get some stuff done before my appointment. If you pray, pray that everything goes well and I can still work. I know I am definitely praying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You could always have people bring a dish or something to drink.. to save on $$. Most people wouldn't mind! It is hard to believe our kiddos are turning 4 this year - that seems so old to me!