Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Holy Cow, Has it Really Been That Long?

I can't even remember the last time I posted on my blog. Things have been fun-filled, disasterous, crazy, chaotic, fast, slow, happy, sad, etc...... Needless to say, I have had absolutely no time to get on this and tell our life story from the past 5 months or so. We have been on a roller coaster ride, and I think it is finally taking it's last loop before the ride ends. We bought our house, which we are sooooo thankful for. We are beyond happy with it, except for a few small changes we want to make, but they will come in time. We survived Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas along with a handful of birthdays, and we survived them all happy. Our marriage is stronger then ever, but then again I never had my doubts about marrying the man of my dreams. The kids are growing so fast and they are both becoming such smart, beautiful, energetic little kids. I can't even say they are babies anymore because they are both far beyond that. Let's see if I can sum up the past couple months in a few paragraphs.

In August my brother and his family welcomed their second little girl into this crazy world. Her name is Evangelina Grace Nelson, and she is soooo precious. Eva is such a great mix of Michael and Melissa, but I think she is more toward Michael. Soon after a healthy birth, they received some not so great news. Eva tested positive for a gene mutation, after some further testing and a few visits to CHOP, she was diagnosed with a mild case of Cystic Fibrosis. She has not shown any signs of it, but it is a progressive disease, which mean later in life she will start to show signs of it, but because they caught it so early she has already started preventitive treatments to help her in the future. No matter what, she is a blessing and we are so proud to have her in our lives.

We signed the papers on our new house on October 16, and moved in almost immediately. Boy that was fun, it poured from the heavens for 5 days straight. We had about 10 guys helping us move, and they were soaked. They got us in with no problems, other than a few mud foot prints and some water on the floor. Emily and Colin adjusted very well to the move and absolutely love their "OWN" new bedrooms. Colin's a a manly blue and Em's is a princess pink, with a princess border. She is so very proud of her big girl room, now only if we could get her to sleep there all night. Anyway, we love our home and we are so proud of it.

We made it through Christmas, which was soooo much fun this year. Colin is now at the age where he is fun. Last year it was kind of boring, but this year we really enjoyed it. They got so many new toys from Santa and our family, I am still trying to find a place for all of it. We got our first "real" christmas tree this year and I was so proud of it. We picked the perfect one and it fit so well in the house. We were able to finally get them toys that can go outside since we have such a great yard, now if spring would just hurry up and get here.

My sister purchased her first home as well, which we could not be more proud of her. I am sad that she moved a little further away, but Lancaster is only 25 minutes. Her house is so cute and just perfect for her. Once she is all set up it will be great. The previous owners must have smoked some funny stuff when they chose their paint colors, but once Kelly paints and puts her own touches on it, it is going to be so nice. We are definitely proud of her and can't wait to spend many fun times there.

This new year has started a little rough, but I am confident it will only get better. We had a stomach bug the first weekend/week of the year, then we broke a valve on a pipe in our bathroom the second weekend/week, so here's to hoping the third week is as smooth as a babies butt. We have so many goals for this year, which we hope to accomplish soon! I better wrap this up, the kids are wanting lunch! I will hopefully be able to keep up with this a little more often then every 6 months. I have so much to say, but so little time. I will try to sit down for 10 minutes a day and vent a little, boy I sure could use some venting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was wondering when you'd post again ;o) Time flies!!