Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh Friday, where are you?

This week seems to be dragging on and on and on.... I can't beleive it is only Tuesday. Some weeks fly by, others drag (this being one of those weeks).

We went and got our taxes done. Boy that was a mess. We bought the house within that $8k Tax Credit, so you would think it would be an easy task to get our money, but NOOOOOOOO way. We have been through the ringer for it, but as of today, it should be here in 5-7 weeks. Thank you Mr. Obama for making things so much worse then they were before. Granted, you are giving us our 8k, but you are doing nothing for Healthcare, nor are you helping the middle/lower class people. Sorry, I had to vent.

We are having such a problem with Emily right now. Not so much a problem, but a really weird situation. How do you prevent a 3/4 year old from napping, while sitting on a school bus for 3 hours? Any good ideas, I'll take 'em. On the weekends she is so great, she goes to by alone, falls asleep fast, sleeps all night in her own bed. On a work night, I have to fight to get her to go to bed, practically tie her down to keep her in her bed, listen to her cry for god knows how long, then eventually find her in my bed. I know, "get a baby gate", as if I hadn't thought of that myself, but the little miss just climbs right over it. It's great. After about 4 times of taking her back to her bed and fighting to get her back to sleep, I just give up and let her sleep in my bed with TJ and I, and let me tell ya, it ain't fun! Colin on the other hand, he is great. He won't sleep with TJ and I. If I put him in bed with us, he tosses and turns until I put him back in his bed. This weekend we took his crib down, I almost cried, and put his toddler bed up. He LOVES it. He hasn't slept this good in weeks. He doesn't get out of bed, he doesn't seem to whine or shuffle as much. Why can't Emily do that. We do it all, the "monster" check list (looking in, under, around, behind everything), a bedtime story, smooches, hugs, "I love you" so many times. She just won't do it. I need some serious help...... oh and some serious sleep!

Just a touch on a previous post, I have been thinking about it since I wrote it. I cannot beleive my baby girl is going to be 4. I can remember bringing her home from the hospital all cozy in her car seat. Today my little baby said to me "mom, when will my birthday be here?" I said "in a little over a month", Emily "oh, but that's too long, I want it now", me "now, nothing ever happens now", Emily "but Veruca in the Candy movie gets everything now"! I guess I have let her watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tooooo many times, of course the original, not that new scary looking one with Johnny Depp.

I think that is all for now. Off to shower and hopefully to bed early, she did not take a nap today!

No comments: