Monday, January 18, 2010

Just another Monday!

Today we have no school for the holiday, so the kids and I are sitting at home chilling out. We had another eventful weekend, hopefully the coming weeks are better then the last two weeks.
We started last week with no water, it was our fault. TJ was changing the faucet in our master bath, when the valve broke in his hands and gallons of water began spraying all over the bathroom. We had to shut the water off to the whole house, and it was later Sunday afternoon, so nothing was open to get the part to fix it. TJ and his dad were able to plug it off to allow us to have water in the house until it could be fixed. Monday afternoon, TJ and his dad fixed it, but again we had no water because they had to shut the main water off to let the glue set. We woke up on Tuesday to learn that the fix did not hold and the water was still leaking. Again, no water in the house, so TJ again fixed it on Tuesday afternoon, but we had no water over night again so the glue could set. FINALLY on Wednesday morning we got our water back with no leaks or problems. How great right? Well on Thursday afternoon, the nuckleheads that are widening route 41, hit a watermain and the whole town lost water all of Thursday afternoon and most of the night. After taking the kids to my moms to get baths, our water came back, but it was disgusting, brown and dirty. By Friday morning, the hell was over and our water was back to normal. So we were sitting on the sofa on Friday evening, finally relaxing after such a stressful week, when we noticed a puddle of water in front of the fridge. We checked, and of course the freezer was getting warm and our ice maker was leaking the water. Nothing we did got the freezer to chill again, so we emptied it into the chest freezer we had. The fridge seemed fine, so we let that go. I woke up on Saturday to call Sears, to find the Fridge was warming up as well, so no we have to empty that. Luckily my aunt lives up the road and we were able to take our stuff there. Sears could not get someone out until next Friday, but they said it sounds like the condensor is broke, which could cost up to $500. Needless to say, we went shopping on Saturday afternoon for a new fridge with no such luck. We found a few we liked, but we weren't ready to make a decision on a minutes notice. My dad had an extra fridge in his garage, so now we are borrowing that fridge until we are ready to buy a new one. What a mess!

I have been trying to find the good in things lately. It is pretty hard, but I do seem to make it work. I want to live a life of less stress and less negativity. It seems to be working. I find that if I look for the good positive things inlife I do feel better day to day. I keep telling TJ that I want to go to church. We have never went as a couple, nor a family, but I often think I would like it and would love to have a new faith. I am by no means a religious person, but maybe if I find a place to look for answers like church, I would feel better. I don't know what to do, I don't want to go to church and hate it, but I don't want to not try and wonder if I should have. Any thought????

We are hoping to get our taxes done soon! I am only waiting on my w2 from work then we can get them done. This year should be great, considering we get $8000 right off the bat from buying our first home. We decided with whatever money we get we are going to pay everything off. We should have no debt except for my car, mortgage and utilities. We calculated it all, and we should still have money left over to do some long awaited things to the house, starting with the master bath. I want a regular bath tub, with a regular shower. I am really looking forward to it. We'll see, the most important thing is to pay everything off.

I want to talk a minute about my husband. I don't talk about him enough. For anyone who does not know. I have been with TJ since August 2008. We dated a few years before marrying on Oct 9, 2004. I can honestly say, I have married the man of my dreams. He is definitely my soul mate and I can not imagine one day without him. We have been through some very rough times, but the good times far out-number them. TJ is the strongest, most caring, giving, affectionate, passionate, loving, supportive, generous person I have ever met. He loves me unconditionally with no hesitation. He is my #1 supporter, he has a way to make me smile when I don't want to and he makes me feel like the most beautiful person in the world. He is an excellent father, and our children adore him. I don't say it often enough, but I am so thankful for him and so lucky to have him. There are so many people out there who don't have this, and I could not imagine a day in their shoes. Thank you so much TJ for all you do and for being who you are. I love you so much!

With that said, I gotta try to put a little man down for a nap, he's grumpy!

No comments: