Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Beginnings!

We have a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon, and I have a good bit of questions. I have been having a lot of emotions about having another c-section. I have had two, and long to deliver vaginally. I know it sounds crazy, and maybe a little selfish, but I feel like I am missing a peice of the experience. I tried with Emily, after 37 hours of not very hard labor, I had and emergency c-sections, I was put under general anthesia, and TJ couldn't be there with me. I woke up not knowing I even had a baby. Colin was a much better experience, but still a c-section. I know the risks of complications are much higher with two c-sections, and I know that it would just be much easier to schedule it, but I still have reservations.

Today is TJ's birthday, 32, and it's been a great day so far. We are looking forward to him coming home from work, I made a big dinner, and the kids can't wait to sing to him again. I think we are going to have an adult night tomorrow night, just him and I for a bit, then meeting some of my family to celebrate. I am thinking about surprising him with a cake tomorrow while we are out.

Christmas has come and gone, and I couldn't be happier. It is such a beautiful time of year, and we always have tons of fun, but I am truly happy it is over. I am ready to get back to normal, have my home back to normal and move onto getting this new year started right. So many things to look forward to this year. Aside from this little person inside me, we have so much going on. Emily turns six, Colin turns 4, Em starts first grade, hopefully Col with start preschool and our family with continue to grow.

So much to write about, but gotta go finish dinner, TJ will home, then Emily and the fun will begin!

No comments: