Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflections

I sit here on the eve of NYE, and I reflect on the past year. This year has been the hardest, yet most rewarding year in our marriage and parenting. Financially things have been a mess, but I can finally say, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and we are doing great now. The kids have grown so much, learn even more and started new adventures. This year will mark the first year I became a parent of a school age child, and boy it hurts still. I miss her when she is at school, I dread dropping her off, but I love love love that she is so happy at school. She loves learning and meeting new people and she really enjoys her class. Colin has come so far this year as well, completely potty trained, talking in ways I never thought he would, becoming a little man. Our marriage, through all the tests this year, is still amazing. It's pretty cool to watch us grow together and become one more then ever. It sounds crazy, but I really do think we have a different kind of love then most people. We still have fun, laugh, cry, joke, argue and every night we say "I Love You" and go to bed happy as ever. I knwo everyone thinks that.

This year is ending on a positive note, literally. With this new little baby growing inside me, it makes things totally different. We had our ultrasound and it was more amazing then I remember with the first two. The heard beat was so strong and clear, it was perfect. We are measuring right at 8 weeks (as of Wednesday), so my due date is officially August 8, 2012. Wow, I can't wait!

No comments: