Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Too Much!

So when I was raised my mom told us she loved us every chance she got. Each time she spoke to us on the phone, each time we left the house, each time we went to bed or nap, when we went to school, when we went to work. To this day every time I talk to my mom, whether it be on the phone or in person, she tells me she loves me. My dad says it too, but in a manly way. He always told us when we were growning up as well. I have carried on this trait, and I tell TJ and our children every chance I get, sometimes I randomly spurt it out. I tell TJ I love him each time I talk to him on the phone, even if it is just a 10 second reminder call, I tell him before he leaves, when he gets home and especially at bedtime. The kids, oh boy, the kids.... I tell them every 15 minutes (maybe a little exagerated), everyday. Not a day goes by without me telling them I love them. I will wake TJ up if he is already sleeping just so he hears it. I think I am crazy. Well this whole post comes from today... I have been helping my brother with my neices recently, and I take Eva (the youngest) to preschool on Wed. Today was my first day to drop her off, the teacher was there and another parent, I put Eva's coat and bag in her cubby, gave her a kiss and said "I love you Eebs(her nickname), have a good day" and walked her to the door of her classroom. I got the strangest looks from the other adults. I don't care if it is my daughter, my neice, my mother, sister, brother, nephew, dad whatever..... If I love them I am going to tell them. Is that so wrong? I guess maybe because I am not her mother, but still, shouldn't every child hear "I love you" before starting their day at school? Ok so it was only two hours, but she is only three years old. Shouldn't each child know, as they start new ventures that someone loves them, whether it be the mom, dad, aunt, grandparent, etc... I mean really. Emily and I hug, kiss and say I love you's everyday I drop her off at school. I make sure I tell her to have a good day and who will be getting her at the bus stop. We have a routine, and in my opinion parents should have a routine of saying I love you! Enough Said... Had to get that off my chest!

No comments: