Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day!

Yesterday we were off of work in obsevance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Today we are off because we got slammed with a fabulous snow/ice storm that left the roads very ugly. Rather then drive myself crazy at home for the second day doing nothing, I did some research and learned a lot about losing weight, safely and healthy. I have read many blogs and articles and most of them recommend cutting out red meat. Oh vey! Red meat and I go way back. I am a huge meat eater, I would prefer red meat over all other meats and defintely over veggies. I will admit in the last year or so, I have cut back a little, but not nearly enough. Most of the success stories I read involved cutting it out completely or maybe having it once or twice a month. Boy that's gonna be hard, but I gotta do what I gotta do. I spent a good part of the past two days looking for yummy (simple) chicken and turkey recipes. Not a very easy task, I must say. I found a few, but not enough. Surprisingly, TJ has been great witht his whole change over. He is up for anything to help me. The man also eats anything, and I truly mean, he will try anything! (That's why I love him so much)I found a few very helpful sites that give advice for beginners and seem to sympathize with us. I also calculated my grocery bill. If I cut out red meat for the most part, my grocery bill will definitely go down. I spend most of my bill on meats, but turkey, chicken and pork are so much cheaper. I have also been following a blog, she is a sister of a friend I went to school with. She is amazing and I want to be so much like her. She makes her own bread, everything she does is homemade, and it all looks so delish! I hope to try some of her recipes soon.
I also looked into Weight Watchers. I have seen and heard so many success stories with them, and I know I would do well with it, but it of course costs money. Money is not something we have a lot of to spend. I think on Feb. 1 I might just suck it up and sign up. It will run me about $56 for three months, which is not too bad. I am just not sure if I will do online or go to meetings. I am afraid online I won't have as much push. But meetings make me crazy too, as if I don't have enough things to occupy my time. I have two weeks to decide, and I know whatever decision I make, TJ will guide me through it.
I want to dedicate this blog to help me lose weight, but I still want to use it to post about my life as well. Just a quick update on us! TJ and I have been married 6 years now, crazy I know. We will celebrate 13 years together in August, even crazier I know. I just said to him the other day "why are we the lucky ones? we are still madly in love and beyond happy". Emily will be 5 in about 45 days, oh my goodness, what happened to my baby girl. She will start kindergarten in the fall. I called to sign her up for registration and cried the whole time I was on the phone. I will miss her so much. Colin Michael.... Oh boy, oh boy! He will be 3 in May, he is all boy and he is so much like his daddy it's scary. He is talking so much and he is so funny. He has quite the personality. Me I am still me... driving bus, being wife, mom, sister, daughter, friend. The house is good, still not exactly what we want, but someday! We have big dreams! If we dream big, big things can happen!

No comments: