Sunday, January 23, 2011

One week down!

So today was exactly one week since I weighed myself for the first time in a long time. I have been watching my portions, using the Elliptical, and drinking more water. My plan is to weigh myself every Sunday, first thing in the morning, in the all natural nude. Much to my surprise, after a crazy week, a week that for three days I did not use the elliptical, and I manage to lose 3 pounds. To most that does not seem like much, but to me it's a huge milestone. I hope next week is more, since I am determined to lose 5lbs a week. I will just have to drink more water, use the elliptical everyday and continue to watch my portions. YAY Me!
We went to State College on Friday with my in-laws, what a great time we had. We took the kids snow tubing on Saturday morning and had a blast. Emily was so great, she was going all by herself and loving every minute of it (boo- my baby is getting to big now), Colin on the other hand, hated every minute of it. He went down once and then played in the snow for two hours while Emily and daddy went up and down. I want to get my sisters together and take the big kids up for a day trip. It would be so fun.
We have a birthday party today for a friend's son. He turns six, and this is the first party we have been invited to. We have been friends with them forever (literally, I have known him since the day I was born) and his wife quickly became my best friend for years. When we got married we kind of lost touch (don't have any reason) and hadn't spoken for awhile. I can honestly say, I missed their friendship and the girly talks, and the time lost. I am so glad we have moved on and reconnected. I am so happy to part of their lives and that our kids get along so great. I hope this is a start to something really fabulous.
I don't have much time, but I want to get this off my chest. 2010 was a really hard year for our family. We lost many people we loved dearly, and made many mistakes that we can't take back, we were irresponsible with money, and lazy with activities. This year is going to be different, come hell or high water. I vow to make the changes in our lives that will better us all around. I will get into all of that later. It's party time!

No comments: