Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Get Right Back Up!

I will honestly say, this whole losing 50lbs, well.... It's a lot harder then I thought. This past weekend I lost all momentum. I didn't work out, I didn't watch my portions (I did but just not conciously) and I just didn't care. That is not acceptable, not for me, not for TJ and not for my goal. Needless to say, I got right back up and started again. Tuesday was a hard workout, considering I hadn't done on for about 4 days, and I did extra to try to help make up for the lacking. I am back in my routine, but it is no easier physically, but much easier mentally. I know I am at an unhealthy size, I have not built up the courage to announce my current size, a little embarrassment, but mostly because I don't want to stay there. I will eventually admit it, but not today!
TJ and I are attempting to cut out red meat "almost" completely. We both know it is very unhealthy and honestly it is expensive. We have found so many yummy recipes for Chicken, Pork and Turkey. We both love Turkey Taco's, Turkey Burgers and just plain Turkey. I am not a huge fan of Pork, but I am willing to try new recipes in hopes to learn to love it. Chicken, now Chicken is a different story. We both could eat it everyday, but dang it, it just gets boring. I found a few recipes on Better Homes & Garden website, which we absolutely loved. I found a few on FoodNetwork.com and we are trying a new one tonight. It is Sweet & Sour Chicken with brown rice and mixed veggies from a blog I have been reading called Browned Eyed Baker. I will try to figure out how to attached the recipes at the end of this. We are huge garlic lovers and the first two recipes have a good amount of garlic. They are not the healthiest meals, in terms of fat, calories, carbs... But boy oh boy they are delish, and they are not red meat. We have to start somewhere right? Now let me try to add those recipes.

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/06/10/sweet-and-sour-chicken
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/garlic-parmesan-chicken-and-noodles
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/three-cheese-ziti-and-smoked-chicken-casserole

No comments: