Thursday, February 4, 2010

Four for Four!

Well, as much as I try to avoid it, we all got sick at the same time. It was a mess. It started on Sunday, TJ and Colin both were snotty and had a little cough. Monday morning, TJ was horrible and poor Colin couldn't breath. TJ left work early on Monday and kept the kids home with him. They just layed on the sofa and ate crackers and soup all day. Tuesday was a little better. Colin was seeming better, but come Wednesday it was full blown "crappy". Colin was snotty and coughing too much for me. He went to the doctor, gave him some meds, gave TJ some meds, and now Emily and I are feeling crappy. Emily's is just a cough, mine is just the headache and body ache. So now Emily and Colin are taking the same meds, and I am just relying on Advil. We are totally looking forward to this weekend. We have noooooo plans and are staying home all weekend. I am hoping for as much snow as possible. I want to be snowed in and cozy at home.

I can honestly say, I HATE THE IRS! There, I said it out loud, but it won't help me at all, and for that matter it doesn't make me feel any better either. We have been waiting since October for our Tax Credit, $8k, which is the only reason we bought the house. We are using it to pay all our debt off, except the house, my car, and basic ultilities. What a pain it has been to apply for it, yes I said "apply". Typically you would file for a tax credit, but for this it is like you are remortgaging your house. We had to give supporting documents of everything, pay stubs, license's, monthly mortgage statement, vehicle registration, copy of the deed, all above having to show the new current address. Thank goodness I was on top of changing our address on everything and TJ just renewed his license so it worked out. On top of all the paperwork, it all has to be mailed the old fashioned way, no electronic processing for it. So now, something we were told we would have by thanksgiving, we won't see it until beginning of March at the earliest. It could take up to several months to get it. WHAT??????? This is horrible. I just want my money and get myself situated. Thank you so much Mr. Obama, I really appreciate your tax credit, but maybe next time you could inform the IRS to speed it up and start the electronic process.

Dont' have much more time to write, but have lots to write.

No comments: