Friday, February 11, 2011

A Night Out!

TJ and I are going out tonight just the two of us. We desparately need some alone time and are both looking forward to it beyond words. We are going out to dinner, then out to have drinks with my parents (yes my parents, they have a more of a life then we do). I have been looking forward to tonight for a long time. I enjoy so much spending time with TJ. My goal for tonight is to not talk about the kids the whole time, I want to talk about us, life, friends, love, our future. I want to hold hands and sneak a kiss here and there, as if we were teenagers just starting this journey. I long for his utmost attention, and I love when I get it. I know it sounds selfish, but I never has his complete attention until the kids are in bed, by then we are both exhausted and ready for bed ourselves. The best part of dinner is it's free. Our neighbors, who are so super sweet, gave us a gift card to Red Lobster/Olive Garden. We share a driveway, and he had surgery a while back, but he is still casted. TJ promised them he would tend to the driveway in bad weather, as a show of their appreciation, we came home one night to a beautiful card and this generous gift. We are blessed to have such great neighbors, or atleast on that side LOL! I could live without our not-so-next door neighbor two doors the other way. Anyway... We are so grateful to be able to go out to dinner just the two of us and save money while doing it. Thank you so much Jim & Linda, it means a lot to us!

I posted a few days ago, and I think (actually I know) I may have not been clear as to who or what I was referring too. I guess if I am going to allow the public to read this I should be more careful how I word things and what I say. If I offended anyone with my post, I am sorry. I can honestly say, if you were offended by it then it was probably not aimed at you, because the people it was aimed at wouldn't care if I was talking about them, which is why I put the post. I also want to make the record clear for myself... friends, best friends, are who they are because of the things they do and how they care. I can say in my life I have had two true, honest, fabulous best friends, one I have a long, long history with, one has been more recent, but both are equally important for different reasons. I love both of them and I hope they both realize how much they mean to me. The statement that a true best friend could go for a long time without speaking or seeing each other, but pick right back up where it left off. That is how these ladies are. We could go for weeks without contact, but when we do finally contact each other it's just as if we spoke yesterday. That is the kind of friendship I have, and it works so well for us. We each have our own families, our own lives and need space, but when push comes to shove we are there. The interesting thing, they don't really know each other. The know of each other, but have never really met or spoke. They are two totally different people with two different lives. It's crazy to think how well I get along with two completely different people.

Emily chose her birthday theme... drum roll please.... Tinkerbell. Totally not what I thought she would choose. Actually her first choice was Justin Beiber and I was absolutely not doing that, so her second choice was Tinkerbell. I am so not ready for "Beiber Fever". We were looking online for decorations and stuff and she was so excited, I guess I better get a move on the party planning, it will be here too soon!

This post is so scrambled and out of order but I have so much on my mind that I am scattered. Colin is crying for his milk, but if I give it to him now he will be asleep in five minutes and our night out will be ruined by a little man stumbling down the stairs at 4am. Not an ideal night out, but I love when he cuddles in bed with us.


I am sitting here waiting on the sitter to get here and I am getting butterflies because I am so excited to be with TJ. After all these years he still gives me butterflies. Yay, she's here now. Enjoy your night, I will!

No comments: