Sunday, February 8, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday!

Another weekend, come and gone. The weekends just seem to keep getting shorter and shorter. I am going to try to post a blog as much as possible, hopefully three or four times a week, like I used to.
This weekend was fun. On Friday night we went to see my grandmother in the nursing home. She is staying there for rehab. My sister and I all went. I left the kids at home with TJ, I just wanted some quiet, one-on-one time with her. I think I was expecting the worst, but it really wasn't too bad. She didn't look sick, of course, she is sick on the inside. She was in good spirits, and we laughed and carried on until 9:30 at night. It was a lot of fun.

On Saturday, we laid around the house all morning, then we went out to dinner. My mother-in-law babysat for us, Yikes, I know! We went out with my family for my brothers 30th birthday. We went to Hibachi in Downingtown. OMG, that was so great. Not only was the food excellent, the cook was hilarious, and the show was unbeleivable. It was so much fun, and we really enjoyed the meal. We went out for two drinks afterwards, then headed home to releive his mom. It went well. I was super nervous to leave my kids with her, (anyone who knows me would understand why) but it went well, and the kids were both sound asleep in bed. She said she didn't have any problems, except she struggled to keep up with Emily. She said she was so wired most of the night. I just laughed. Maybe this is a step in the right direction.

Today, we went back to the nursing home to see my grandmother, with the kids and TJ. My sisters went, and the boys too. We had a good time again, and the kids were really good. The one nurse there brings her dog to work, for the residents. Her name was Rosy, a Boston Terrier. The kids loved her and played with her for awhile. Before we left, my grandmother didn't seem good. She all of the sudden got really tired, really cold, and lost some color. She laid down as we were leaving, as the nurse took her sugar level and temperature. We left right after, the results were all fine, not great, just fine. We left so she could nap and get some rest and relaxation. I am so worried about her. I know what I said in my last blog, but I really am not ready to let her go. I love her so much, and I am worried that it may happen sooner then later. I hope we can see her a few more times before she starts her new journey. I just hope she knows how much we all love her.

This week is going to be crazy. Monday is jam packed. We both have to work, then TJ has to have the dog at the new vet by 4, then I have to have Colin at his 8month check at 7. In between we have to cook and eat dinner, get both kids bathed and in jammies, and somehow find time for regular day-to-day chores. It will be busy, and on top of that, I really need to find time to get to the grocery store. Manic Monday!

That's all for now, again, I hope to update again soon!
Pray for my mom-mom, and have a great week!

No comments: